Saturday, April 28, 2012

Christie Brinkley breaks down on 'Today'


On Tuesday, supermodel Christie Brinkley broke down in tears on the “Today” show when talk turned to her very messy and very public four-year divorce battle with ex-husband Peter Cook.

Brinkley has been quiet for the most part about her feud with Cook, while her ex has taken the more outspoken route, repeatedly bashing her in the press. This morning, Brinkley finally opened up about what she was going through.
“I have turned the other cheek,” the 58-year-old supermodel explained. “There’s not one quote from me, anywhere. This is the first time I’ve ever been on a show [to talk about the split].”
Brinkley spoke through tears as she told Matt Lauer that she wanted the fighting to stop for the sake of her children and family. “I quietly asked the judge please make this stop, protect my right to peace … I just wanted peace for my family and I also -- sorry -- I just want peace, and every time I have joy or any kind of success in anything he has to try to destroy it.”
Earlier this month, Cook was on "Good Morning America" claiming that Brinkley was the one continuing the mud-slinging feud. “She can use her celebrity to get the media to say ‘He’s a bad guy.’ You know … I’m not trying to sell tickets to anything,” Cook told ABC’s Elizabeth Vargas. “I don’t want this press. I’m not interested in it. And there’s got to be a better way for her to do it. Go do a charitable act or something, get your name in the paper. But stop throwing your family under the bus.”
Cook also previously wrote a scathing blog for the New York Daily News about his ex-wife, saying she is “far more concerned with the mirror than her children.”

No comments: