Friday, May 11, 2012

It’d be awkward dating Arjun: Parineeti Chopra

Parineeti Chopra speaks to Madhureeta Mukherjee about her debut film, big sis Priyanka and being star-struck


You are a 'small-town success story' personified...
If it were my dream to be an actor, then this would be true. I've grown up wanting to be a banker. I was a topper in school, and did my post-grad in finance. If it weren't for the recession in Britain, I would have never landed in Mumbai and become an actress.


Somewhere you were star-struck too?
I used to hate actors. I was the prudish banker who'd settle abroad in a cushy job. I used to tell Priyanka that all she had to do was doll up and deliver dialogues!

Ladies Vs... wasn't an ideal dream debut, was it?
Ideally, Ishaqzaade is my dream debut. But Aditya Chopra had told me that I wouldn't regret doing a cameo in Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl, and look where I've reached.

So, all set to hear gossip about yourself?
You know, the media is made out to be such a monster. But if you say something, they will write about it. Simple. Don't we spice up stories while telling them to our friends? It's the same.

Did you bully Arjun as a one-film-old senior?
Arjun has grown up on film sets; he has Bollywood in his blood. He ended up being the senior and explaining technicalities to me.

It's strange you guys weren't linked up at all...
Isn't that the right way? I don't know, it would be very awkward dating Arjun. We're in that right comfortable zone, have great chemistry and hang out as friends.

Does big sis Priyanka keep an eye on you?
I've a very good support system in her. She's my first panic call. She's like a typical elder sister - I still have to 'report' to her, let her know of my whereabouts. At the same time, I can barge into her wardrobe and wear her clothes.

For exclusive interviews, B-town events, parties and news, watch B Tonite from Mon - Fri at 10 pm only on zoOm - India's No 1 Bollywood channel.

No comments: